Solutions for Our Environment
If you’re an urban property owner, you probably experience significant heating and cooling challenges. The rainwater runoff that is a common issue in many large population centers can also pose an environmental hazard. Additionally, finding suitable growing space is a problem that many urban dwellers face. A green roof installation by Zeager Bros., Inc. is a great way to resolve these issues, while making your property more eco-friendly in the process.
Get A Quote
- 100% recycled Polyethylene foam (see specification)
- RoofMeadow Certified Material
- Easy to Install
What Are Green Roofs and What Benefits Do They Provide?
Also known as rooftop gardens, these roofs are planted over existing roof structures to help reduce heating and cooling costs, to manage storm water runoff and to reduce the “heat island effect,” the tendency of metropolitan areas to be significantly warmer than their surroundings. A green roof system will:
- Cover the roofing material with a growing medium — vegetation can increase a roof’s lifespan by as much as 200 percent.
- Save energy through improved thermal performance, resulting in an overall reduction in heating and cooling costs.
- Absorb as much as 75 percent of rainwater, gradually releasing it back into the atmosphere via condensation. This prevents overloading of the wastewater system.
- Filter pollutants out of the rainwater, which can lower the occurrence rate of certain types of diseases.
- Provide additional agricultural space for growing plants, fruits and vegetables in an urban setting.
- Earn points that can lead to Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) certification.
Zeager Bros., Inc. Offers Rooftop Gardens Design and Installation in PA
Zeager Bros., Inc. is your headquarters for large-scale green roofs systems installation in PA and across the USA. Contact us to learn more about the benefits of green roofing, and to receive a no-obligation rooftop garden design and installation price quote.